Monday, February 7, 2011

The DC Takeover

This past weekend was one of the most amazing and fun weekends in a long time. Full of good friends, good food, lots of laughs, and even a few cocktails :0) LC and I headed to DC for my very first wedding dress fitting. I wont lie, I was terribly nervous the whole ride up there. I mean I havent seen this dress in almost 6 months, what if I hate it, what if I want to be that 2 dress bride, what if I look horrible in it? So as soon as we arrived in Alexandria the first stop we made was for a glass of champagne. Nerves calmed, check. Excitement bubbling, check. So we headed to the dress shop. Once I saw my dress, all of my fears were squashed. Once I put my dress on, the tears started falling. It just hit me, all at once. In just over 2 months I am going to be walking down the sandy aisle to marry my very best friend and the man who treats me like a princess (wearing this amazing gown). Wow, it was just so surreal. I literally didnt want to take the gown off. And just as a plus, they have to altar the heck out of it, because I've gotten uber skinny. So hurray to me, and hurray to the pounds that I still plan on saying adios to!

After the dress fitting we checked into our uber posh hotel The Donovan House. Ps, our hotel had an ice bar. How fun is that? We hit up Georgetown, where we saw all of the crazies in line in the rain for Georgetown Cupcakes


We then had some super delish pizza at Pizza Paradiso, thinking maybe the line would die down while we ate, no such luck. So we continued our shopping extravaganza, venturing into the world famous Dean and Deluca.  Can I just say that we were in heaven? After we stocked up on essentials like sushi and champagne, we headed off to a different highly recommended cupcaked shop called Baked and Wired. These cupcakes were not only HUGE, but extremely yummy, and to quote Kristen "they're definitely baked with love <3". Next stop Juicy Couture, of course, then we headed to the car. We got ready for our fun night out and met up with Austin and Kristen, and two of their friends that are soon to be married as well! Love is in air I guess! We definitely got the DC treatment, and couldnt have had more gracious hosts. Here are a few pics of our night:









It was one hell of a night. The kind of night where a stop at Arby's on the drive home is most definitely necessary.

also, I came home to a fabulously clean house, a newly installed toilet, and tons of snuggles and kisses from the man I missed so much!

I love my life, and I couldnt ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment