Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is Sweet, Have a Treat

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, I hope you're all having a fantastic day full of love. Today I bring you a special "love" themed post. If you aren't feeling especially loving today then I send pink puffy hearts your way, and you should possibly take this post off. With only 54 days until the wedding I am feeling overly mushy, but I digress. I start with a list of things I love

Stephen. Puppy Kisses. Baby Toes. Spending time with my family. Beach days that turn into beach nights. Couch sessions w/ my bff Whit. Road trips. Rain showers when it's hot out. Multiple hour conversations with my mom. Movie nights with my dad. Dirty martinis. A super good workout. Tickle fights. Nerf gun battles. Vacations. Surprises. Hot tea at night. Cold coffee in the summer. New shoes. Pretty flowers. Being in love. 

Love has always been a huge factor in my life. I grew up in an extremely loving environment, and I've spent my whole life loving others in return. Probably too much. I know this might come as a shock to a lot of people, but I'm no stranger to crying in fact I cry a lot. My dad jokes me at every extremely hard core action flick that we go to, because usually I find some place in the film suitable for tears. I'm sensitive, but hey thats me. I spent my whole life giving people too many chances, putting myself last too many times, always seeing the "good" in people when they didn't deserve it, and always winding up being the one that was hurt. People have always told me not to sweat the small things, yet I still do and know that I probably always will, but my logic was that if someone wasn't caring about the small things who would. I used to think that maybe those other people were right, maybe I was too sensitive too emotional too crazy, but I'm beginning to find more and more comfort in just being myself. The reason that I've found comfort in myself is because of Stephen. I'm finally able to say, oh well so I love too much and give myself when I shouldn't and see the good in people that don't deserve it. But I'd rather know that I spent my whole life being the nice girl, the sensitive one, than being the badass that everyone flocks to. And hey, look where me being me landed me... In a beautiful home that I own with the man of my dreams, accomplishing things I'd never dreamed of in record time.

So back to my point about me crying. I'm driving down the road today and I hear Rascal Flat's "Nothing Like This". Great song, if you haven't heard it I highly suggest the cd. The whole point of the song is that you think you've been loved and that you've experienced all of these great things until you find the one that you're truly meant to be with and it's a completely eye opening experience. I thought I knew what love was, then I met Stephen. This amazing man who brings me flowers just because, is genuinely fun to be around every day, makes me laugh all the time, is family oriented (by the way my family adores him), is intelligent funny and incredibly sexy, is a true romantic, and loves me with his whole being more than I feel I could ever deserve. I'm not thankful enough for the blessing that God gave me in the gift of Stephen, and I realize this not just on Valentines Day because he makes me feel special every day. But true love is not so easy to come by anymore, truth in general isn't so easy to come by, so today when the whole world is focused on "Love" I want to take an extra moment to be thankful. 

If I haven't bored you to death with my sappiness, I just want to say "I love you". Any one reading this is obviously a person that has an impact on my life, and I'm so thankful for everyone who has helped me on this road to who I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment