Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hostess with the Mostess

The holidays are sneaking up on us, and for me the holidays mean one thing... visitors. I love visitors, but this being my first preggo holiday season I am anticipating moving much slower and being one tired mama. With that being said I am prepping now for future holiday visitors. Here are some hostess tips:

*Set the tone with your mood
If the hostess is stressed your guests can feel it, and will most likely feed off of that. It's very important that you make everyone feel warm and welcome to ensure that everyone has a good time.

*Prep, prep, & prep some more
Being as prepared ahead of time as possible is key. Although you're the hostess your guests still want you to be able to enjoy your party, and to be able to spend time with you. I usually make as many things as I can a few days in advance and freeze them, that way I can just thaw the morning of and pop them into the oven. I also find that list making helps a lot, like a timeline and a shopping list, but maybe I am just ocd with lists.

*The little details are very much appreciated
Hosting overnight guests? Try having a welcome basket in their room. I have two baskets prepped for when our moms come into town over the holidays. They dont need to be super expensive or extravagant, a sleeping mask, a bottle water, and a small treat will go a long way. Honoring someone for a special occasion? Display photos or serve their favorite dish.

*Allow People to help you
Dont be afraid to turn down offers of help, or ask for it if you need. Your guests will be more than happy to lend a quick hand, and it will save you time and stress from trying to do everything solo.

*Have fresh flowers
Pretty flowers go a LONG way to brighten up a room, and serve a super quick and cheap centerpiece.

*Enjoy Yourself
If you are having fun then guaranteed that your guests will be having fun as well.

And when all else fails, have a large supply of alcohol :0)

Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment